Currently, my youngest Musica Mundi School Maths students are a super ‘High Five’ of Barbara, Jan, Julija, Sophie and—last, but certainly not least!—Hoi Yuet who turns from 11 to 12 tomorrow! They’ve all been happily and successfully going round in circles recently!!
Yes, the young stars have been solving numerous problems involving Circle Theorems, and have therefore encountered the number 360 more than a few times! They should all be awarded Degrees in Circles Maths!
To celebrate Hoi Yuet marching on and up from 11, feel free to grab a calculator and work out the high-five product 11 x 12 x 13 x 14 x 15.
The result of 360360 will hopefully bring a nice, round smiley to some faces!
Now it’s time for an early ‘Happy 12th Birthday Maths True Story Puzzle’ for Hoi Yuet and everyone to enjoy!
A Maths teacher went into a shop to buy some nice prizes. He started with 15 euros in his pocket–not an everyday story! After buying the prizes, he had no notes left in his pocket, but he did have one each of the following coins:
Here in Blog Post #99, use the numbers 11, 11, 11 and 11 in a calculation that gives a result of 99.
Specially for Hoi Yuet, use the numbers 11, 11 and 11 in a calculation that gives a result of 12.
Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend now,
Paul Motwani xxx
Possible solutions include 11 x 11 – 11 -11 = 99 & 11 + 11/11 = 12.
Extra Birthday Bonus Fun & Magic Maths for Hoi Yuet’s Happy High Five!
- Start with 11 in honour of Hoi Yuet’s last day now as an 11-year-old.
- In recognition of the five friends & classmates Barbara, Jan, Julija, Sophie & Hoi Yuet, multiply by 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2.
- We should now have 352. Subtract my favourite 3 to get 349.
- It’s time to bring in a ‘Happy Hundred’. Calculate (352 x 352 – 349 x 349)/100.
5. The result of 21.03 is to celebrate Hoi Yuet’s 21 March birthday!